Wednesday, June 14, 2006

leaving

today, i spent time with my dear friend maxwell. we waited in line for what seemed like hours to get some yummy picnic food. it was clear and perfect in santa cruz and we found our way out to lighthouse field, to sun and wind and we set up our little picnic. we kept talking about how he leaves tomorrow for a road trip across the country which will end up in ohio, where he will stay for good. and its weird. because i am used to just being able to call him and just go hang out, do whatever, chill. and how is that not happening anymore? i dont like leaving , when i have to do it or when other people do it to me. but then, i do love travel and adventure and change. and leaving is part of that.

and i wonder when will it be me leaving all this?


that is scary... lets not talk about it, ok?

1 comment:

Gibbytron said...

Leaving can be a good thing sometimes. I have learned that in my own life, with change comes sacrifice. It's a double-edged sword. While God has given me clarity, discipline, and perspective in this season of my life, I do dearly miss my friends and relationships of old, including the Raptor. :) However, of course, if God is at the helm, we can always come back to familiar surroundings if it is in His timing...