Tuesday, April 24, 2007

fumes

last night, i went to sleep with my newly painted, vintage, bought for 5 dollars from bargain barn nightstand by my bed side. up late with no dinner made my head achey as i drifted off to sleep, but i would be fine if i got some waffles in me first thing. when i got up this morning, my head was pounding, aching worse and i felt dizzy. as i ate in front of the heater reading my email, my head wouldnt stop hurting. i realized i had coated that night stand with a clear protective coating the day before that hadnt dried all the way and i was breathing in fumes from it all night. after that long night of unhealthy breathing, my brain cells were corrupted, altered, pounding, that inside your head headache that doesnt go away with water and advil. by about 6pm, it began to subside and as i drove home from my meeting (5.5 hours, a new record), i realized it was all because of breathing in bad things i had no idea were getting inside of me.

3 comments:

Messenger said...

Hi, Kristin!

I found your blog some time back and bookmarked it to send to my (31 year-old) son. I just came across it again but I don't want to refer him here unless I have ask your permission first.

I think that he would really enjoy your writings but he is still not walking with Jesus. He says he "gets" God but still doesn't "get" Jesus. He is a seeker of the truth, though, and loves to write. His writings are very honest like yours are. Knowing that he might respond and ask questions...and because you are a girl...I wondered if you would prefer to recommend another blog instead of me giving him yours. He is in a committed relationship with a wonderful girl but I know that as Christians, we must be careful about male/female communications.

As for your "fumes" blog today, I couldn't help but draw some analogies in how darkness creeps in, sometimes unnoticed...and how we reap what we sow, good or bad, and how we cannot stop the sowing and reaping process…unless God does a miracle, I suppose!

Knowing that you recently posted about breathing, I can't help but wonder if this "fumes" experience will give you a fresh revelation on that, too.

Anyway, I enjoy your blogs and appreciate your honesty. Please don't feel bad if you're not comfortable with me giving my son a link to your blog. To be honest, I don't even know if he's in the right place to check it out.

Thanks for your ministry through this blog, btw! ;)

Jon said...

all i have to say is that your heater must've been broken. because i know that when i sit down in front of my heater to read (preferrably on the floor), all the pain oozes out of my aching head and onto the carpet leaving stains that do not come up with your typical stain remover. they can only be removed by the love of a good book (and maybe some ajax). only after this can i move forward.

that's me trying to be poetic/funny.

Shannon Marie said...

Yeah, I think you got high.