Monday, March 26, 2012

Hungry for Change: Part 2... the empty feeling

Ok, we are less than 24 hours into this thing and I am feeling... miserable. I waited til 10am-ish for breakfast, which was ok (though, I am not a big oatmeal fan). Within an hour or two, lunch was on my mind and I was shocked at how hungry I had become so quickly. When the time came, eating the lunch portion of beans/rice/tomato sauce was DELIGHTFUL, until I realized that I had reached the bottom of the container and was still pretty hungry. Ugh. Two hours later, I am already very hungry and wishing so much I hadn't done this thing. My body is lethargic and my mind is having trouble focusing and working. My energy level feels like it's lowering, lowering, lowering and I could seriously fall asleep at my desk. I feel really really empty. How do people live like this? How do they work at physically demanding jobs like this? How? I am sad that this is how most people in the world feel most of the time, and I am sad that I am so miserable after less than 24 hours. I don't have any spiritual wisdom or insights, except that I feel empty and sad.

1 comment:

Nathan George said...

Hi Kristin - Day 2 is the hardest for most people. That's when the shock sets in. You may find that your body adjusts its expectations tomorrow and you start to find it less grueling. That said, I lost nearly 5lbs in 5 days so my body drew on reserves that I didn't need. You don't have those! Will be praying for you.