Thursday, December 01, 2005

i needed this

"The only lasting freedom from self-consciousness comes from a profound awareness that God loves me as I am, not as I should be. He loves me beyond worthiness and unworthiness, beyond fidelity and infidelity. He loves me in the morning sun and the evening rain without caution, regret, boundary, limit or breaking point; that no matter what I do, He can't stop loving me. When I am really in conscious communion with the reality of the wild, passionate, relentless, stubborn, pursuing, tender love of God in Jesus Christ for me, then it's not what I've got to or I must or I should or I ought; suddenly I want to change because I know how deeply I am loved."

Brennan Manning

7 comments:

paul said...

Amazing. It is overwhelming to think that there is nothing I can do to make God love me more than he does right now. Amazing.

I stumbled on your blog a while back. I enjoy your writing and thoughts. Thanks. Hope you don't mind if I drop in now and then.

caramac said...

I needed that too. Love the salty. manny:)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gibbytron said...

Amen.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
)(( hannah mello ))( said...

hugs to k. hugs. :) and yep, love the manning.

Anonymous said...

Ah..love the quote. How often I need to be reminded I'm the "beloved" of God as Nouwen would say. Thanks for the reminder.