Thursday, March 22, 2007

answers

i feel like i have been answering a lot of questions... for work, mostly, because i am the go to girl for most anything. but when people come to you with those deeper questions- concerning tragedy, direction, possibility, hope, clarity, clarification, confusion- i begin to wonder if i am in any place to say a thing.

i think, in all my desire to fix the world, i want to have the answers. but to continually perpetuate my worldview and my experiences (which are the thing with which i have shaped my answers by), i get worried.

cause what if my worldview is wrong?

what if my experiences don't cross all the divides between us?

what if what i see right now is nothing compared to what i will see then?



cause this person i am now is so far from what i was even just a year ago.

can i settle on leaving things at a question mark?

2 comments:

Gibbytron said...

sometimes, yes. people desire to be heard, and the ability and patience to simply listen is a gift that should never be taken granted for. and that is something you do remarkably well. :)

Anonymous said...

Be of good cheer because God loves you where you are and always will